You learn best by using words, either spoken or written. Try some of the ideas below:
- Analyse key words in essay titles or assignment briefs. Write notes around them and expand...
- Ask and answer questions, either silently in your head or in discussions with others.
- Read your notes out loud, or record them and listen back.
- Rephrase complex information in your own words; write simpler words above new vocabulary when reading.
- Try the Cornell Method of note taking.
- Keep a reflective journal or blog. (More on reflective writing here.) Write about what went well/less well and what you would do differently next time.
- Use analogies to help you grasp new ideas and information.