You learn best by reflecting and being self aware. Try some of the ideas below:
- Be aware of how you learn best: time, place, noise levels etc. Explore 'Your Learning - Self Reflection' from the University of Sheffield.
- Ask yourself questions.
- Look for connections between new material and information you already know.
- Keep a relective journal or blog. (More on reflective writing here.) Write about what went well/less well and what you would do differently next time.
- Set goals for yourself and monitor your progress regularly.
- BUT, get input from your lecturers and fellow students when necessary.