Helen Bancroft 1716
General enquiries 3629
ASK: Academic Skills
Elizabeth (Liz) Wragg 5857
General enquiries 1438
Rebecca (Becky) Nesbitt 259 195
- Pastoral and spiritual care for students and staff of all faiths and none.
- Team of volunteer chaplains on both campuses and links with local faith communities.
- Quiet spaces for prayer/meditation.
James Maddocks 1848
Steve Hickling 259 156
General Enquiries 01326 370 460 (1460)
- First port of call for Student and Library Services enquiries.
- Provide information, guidance and referral to a wide range of university services.
- A range of self-help FAQs online at compass.fxplus.ac.uk.
- Compass desk located in The Library at Penryn Campus and within the Lower Courtyard at Falmouth Campus.
Inclusive Learning (previously Dyslexia Skills)
Nikki Brown 259 340
Isabel Noon 4228
Penryn Campus Library
Falmouth Campus Library
Staff can contact:
01326 255341 (5341)
or come to top floor of Annexe
Students can contact:
or attend Compass desk
- Advise students on the whole range of academic and personal issues which may affect their time at university.
- Respond to welfare incidents and are a point of contact for disclosures (including sexual assaults and domestic abuse).
- Respond to students in crisis.
- Carry out welfare checks, where concerns are raised about a student; please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Welfare Check”, including reason and perceived risk (please note that a welfare check should only be requested if all other means of contact have not been successful or if there is immediate concern/ risk).
- Act as a ‘cause for concern’ hub for staff, students and external agencies.
- Liaise with and advise course staff and other professionals.
- Provide the link for Community issues, including action on neighbour complaints.
- Act as Disciplinary Officers for Falmouth and Exeter Universities, dealing with student complaints and breaches of regulations (including carrying out disciplinary investigations).
- Point of contact with regard to Prevent concerns
|Time to Talk|
- Sessions for students who need to talk to someone.
- Staffed by members of Compass, Chaplaincy and Wellbeing teams.
- Bookable through Compass online using option: Book appointment/Time to talk.
Wellbeing (Mental Health/
Kerra Park 253 620
General enquiries 1755
- Mental Health professionals provide advice and guidance to students who have filled in the Wellbeing Appointment Form. See Falmouth University Wellbeing pages for more information including how to access the form.
- A variety of appointments available, including duty desk for urgent distress, telephone and face to face assessment, Time to Talk, 1:1 and group wellbeing sessions and 1:1 therapeutic work for ongoing complex presentations.
- Liaise with external NHS agencies including GPs.
- Psychological therapies – various modalities of therapy, including brief solution focussed, counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). A maximum of 6 sessions per academic year (small number of extension sessions available on a case-by-case basis).
- Online CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) available through SilverCloud.
Psycho-educational workshops on a range of topics.
Staff training on mental health awareness.