You learn best by thinking logically and analytically. Try some of the ideas below:
- Plan your time using a planner (weekly/monthly).
- Try out the ASK Assignment Calculator to break down tasks into manageable chunks.
- Have questions in mind before lectures and reading.
- You might find the SQ3R (Survey, Question, Read, Recite, Review) method helpful when reading.
- Test yourself with questions and answers.
- Use the Cornell method for note taking and reviewing.
- Divide essays/dissertations into sections and allocate word counts. Use Word heading styles to create a hierarchical outline.
- Come up with a theory that you seek to prove/disprove. Look for patterns to explain and extrapolate. Weigh up the evidence and come to conclusions.