What is digital accessibility?
The Public Sector Accessibility Regulations came into force in 2018 and include universities. They require equal access to websites, online resources and apps for everyone, regardless of disability. See the following Government pages:
- Understanding new accessibility requirements for public sector bodies
- Understanding WCAG 2.1
- Website Accessibility Checklist
Or, watch the AbilityNet Web Accessibility Regulations webinar.
We have created the following:
- How to make Word documents accessible.
- How to make PowerPoint presentations accessible.
- An Assistive technology tools guide, which explains how to use the features built in to computers, devices, software and apps to make it easier to access information.
- A short video about Immersive Reader and Dictation in Office 365.
- A Chrome extensions for productivity page.
AbilityNet factsheets give advice and information about how digital technology can help people with different conditions and their My Computer My Way guides explain how to make different devices easier to use.
Images on this site are courtesy of Pixabay